MAP Sciences owns and operates the website mapsciences.com. MAP Sciences is the operating name for MAP IP Holding Limited and MAP Diagnostics Limited which are companies registered in England and Wales under the company numbers #09552932 for MAP IP Holding Limited with a registered office at 27 Grasmere Avenue, London, England, W3 6JT and #08765373 for MAP Diagnostics Limited with registered office at The Old Chapel, Union Way, Witney, Oxfordshire, England, OX28 6HD.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the supply of our services to you (Contract). Our services involve enabling you to provide us with a blood spot sample and then the analysis of it (Tests), following which we will provide you with the results of the tests (Results) for your information.
Please read our Terms and Conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering anything from us. Please note that before ordering you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept them, you will not be able to place an order with us.
You can contact us at any time at either of the addresses detailed above or through customer support by email at email@example.com. You can also contact us at our operations address at MAP Sciences Limited, iLab, Priory Park, Stannard Way, Bedford, MK44 3RZ. If we need to get in touch with you, we will do so via the email address you provide with your order.
To cancel a test (cancel a Contract) in accordance with your legal right to do so you just need to let us know via our customer support email address – firstname.lastname@example.org that you wish to cancel the order for your test. Once complete we will notify you by email that your order has been cancelled. When you email us please include your name and order reference number (if you have it) to help us to identify you and your order. If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by emailing customer support at email@example.com.
Important: the Use of THE MAP SCiences Website is not suitable for medical emergencies. If you think you have a medical emergency you must call 999 and cease using our website. The medical content on our website is for information only and must not be used to make any formal diagnosis or prescribe medication or treatements without the involvement of a registered medical practitioner.
Our Customer Terms
Our Contract with You
Our Website will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each stage of the order process and ensure you accept our Terms and Conditions.
After you place an order, you will receive an email from us that confirms your order has been accepted (Order Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation.
If we are unable to carry out a Test for you, we will inform you of this by email and we will not process your order. If you have already paid, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
You may only enter into a Contract with us if you are at least 18 years old or if we have the express permission from a parent or guardian.
- We will send you the Test Kit for the Test you have ordered as soon as possible after the Order Confirmation is sent.
- When you receive a Test Kit you must follow the instructions to provide your sample and then send it back to us. In instances of repeat testing or six-month subscription packs, please follow the additional instructions to send the samples in the appropriate time frame.
- If your sample fails analysis due to collection protocols not being followed, we may at our discretion send you another Test Kit and ask you to repeat the process, without further charge.
- Our Website sets out an estimated turnaround time for the tests to be carried out and the Results sent back to you. However, from time-to-time this turnaround time may need extending. Our turnaround time is an indication only and is not binding nor is it “of the essence of the contract”.
- Our Tests are primarily provided for customers in the UK and EU, it is possible for us to provide testing for customers outside the UK and EU but these may be subject to additional postal charges.
- For customers not opting for our subscription product, if you request further blood tests (including re-tests), each such request constitutes an additional and separate order which we will notify you as being accepted by Order Confirmation.
- For customers opting for any of our subscription products, your initial order constitutes acceptance of the Terms for all subsequent tests in that order.
- You can only pay for Tests using a debit card, credit card via Stripe or by using PayPal. We accept the following cards: Visa / Delta / Electron/ MasterCard / Eurocard/ Maestro/ American Express. Debit cards are accepted if they have a Visa or MasterCard logo.
- Payment for the Tests and all applicable delivery charges must be made in advance. We will not charge your debit card or credit card until the time we accept your order. However, we reserve the right not to send out any kits until we have received payment in full.
- The prices of our Tests will be as quoted on our Website at the time you submit your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Tests are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However, please see our Returns and Refunds Policy if an error in the price of the Test you ordered has occurred.
- We offer a large number of Tests. It is always possible that, despite our efforts, some of the Tests on our Website may be incorrectly priced. If the Test’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our Website, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Test at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. In contrast, if the price is lower than the price advertised on our Website, we will refund the amount to your credit or debit card.
- By placing an order, you are accepting these Terms in full. Please do not place an order if you do not agree with our Terms and Conditions.
Data and Data Rights
- We ask you to give us your personal data, your contact information and address through our Website to enable us to deliver our Test Kits to you or in some cases get in touch with you regarding your order or payment.
- We ask you to give us your personal data through our Website to enable us to process the results of your Test in the most informative way, this may include age, ethnicity or other personal information.
- We ask you to give us your personal data through our Website to enable us to provide you with the Results of your Test such as your contact information and email address.
- We do not subcontract the analysis of your samples to any third-party laboratories so we never have to share your personal data with anyone outside of MAP Sciences.
- We only use your personal data for the purposes of our contract with you, to provide Results based on the sample you sent to us.
Sample Processing and Results
- Unless you have been handed a Test Kit in person by an employee of MAP Sciences you will receive your Test Kit after an online purchase and receipt of an Order Confirmation email.
- After an online purchase we will usually post the Test Kit to you on the same day or on the next working day (if the order was placed after 3pm) and after we have sent you an Order Confirmation.
- The Test Kit is for you to collect your own blood sample in accordance with the instructions provided in the Test Kit, or on our Website, and also contains instructions on how to return your sample to our laboratory for analysis.
- You must complete all of the personal details requested of you in the places specified, including on the blood sample cards.
- You acknowledge that sample collection cards and personal details that are not fully and correctly labelled cannot be processed. It is not possible to make changes to any samples once they have been returned to the laboratory.
- We will deliver Results to you by sending you an email inviting you to log in to your secure area of our Website. Making the Results available online for you and sending you this email constitutes complete delivery and finalises our Contract with you.
- We anticipate that your Results will typically be available within 48 hours from the date your sample is received by the laboratory. We will notify you by email that your sample has been received at the laboratory.
- The Results will be returned to you with a description of what your Results mean.
- The Results may also include a recommendation to visit an independent healthcare practitioner for further investigation of your Results.
- The Results are prepared solely on the basis of the blood sample and the information which you have provided to us, without access to your full medical records. You therefore accept that any incomplete or inaccurate information on your health profile from information you have provided to us may lead to incomplete or inaccurate interpretation of the Results.
- Whilst tailored to your personal information, you understand the Results are generic in nature.
- You assume full responsibility for reading and drawing conclusions from the Results.
- The Results do not constitute medical advice and is not a substitute for you contacting a healthcare professional. You should not take any medication or undergo a medical procedure as a direct result of any Results we provide.
- However, you should never disregard, avoid or delay in obtaining medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read in our Results.
- Importantly, if you have, or suspect you have, a medical problem or condition, you must contact a qualified healthcare professional immediately.
- The manner in which we provide the Results, and the approach we use to generate them, is owned by MAP IP Holding Limited. Any Results, formula, knowhow and measurement we provide remains our own intellectual property and is protected by intellectual property legislation in the United Kingdom and abroad in certain country states. However, we grant you permission to use this for your own personal use. You must not use the Results for any commercial purposes nor republish it without our explicit permission and written agreement.
- We only supply our Results for personal and private use. We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Subject to events outside of our control, our total liability to you arising in connection with a Contract will be limited to the price you have paid us, so that even in a worst-case scenario you are entitled to a maximum of your money back, but no more.
- In particular we are not liable for any loss, delay, inconvenience or damage you suffer as a result of damage to the sample in transit from you to us, or your sample being untestable for some other reason covered under our Returns and Refunds Policy.
- Neither are we liable for any ill-effects you may suffer from attempting to use our Test Kit where you do not completely follow the instructions. Including any ill-effects you may suffer from loss of a small amount of blood, or any failure of the prick made by the Test Kit to heal properly. Please do not use the Test Kit if you have any reason to believe you may be susceptible to such problems.
- The Results we provide will describe the measurements that have been conducted on your sample for the tests you have paid for, on your behalf, based upon your blood results alone. The Results do not seek to interpret what those measurements mean, so any reliance you make on those measurements is at your own risk. The Results and any recommendations are intended for information only and do not constitute medical advice and is not a substitute for seeking the advice of your doctor or other medical professional.
- We will endeavor to provide Results in the turnaround time stipulated on our Website, however this is subject to change in certain circumstances and should be used as a guide only.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this Contract.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by any event which is outside of our control – Force Majeure. A force majeure means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications network, including postal services, or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- If a force majeure takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract we will we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you.
- Our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the force majeure.
- Where a force majeure affects our Test Kit delivery or reporting Results we will arrange a new delivery date or, where appropriate, alternative delivery method as soon as possible.
- If force majeure is prolonged, for more than 30 days, you may cancel a Contract which is affected by contacting our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When we refer, in these Terms, to “in writing”, this will include e-mail.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Tests through our Website and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.